International taxations

oktober 12, 2018 , , , 0 Comments

Every country has their own legislation and taxation rules. Often companies can have employees in other countries than where their company is established, of course having an registered company can give certain tax benefits but it's not always a hard requirement.

In Europe there is something called the 181 day rule, this is a treaty between many countries around taxation and double-taxation. Basically if a person "lives" more than 181 days in a country, that person is eligable for paying taxes in that country, but you are also subject to all of the legislation in the country.

In case of expense declaration each country has their own myriad of legal loopholes to go through in terms of what can be declared and how much money can be compensated from what type of expenses. Take for example in Finland, Finnish employees often get an "per diem" for business trips roughly spoken they get about 42 euro per day as long as the trip is x amount of kilometers away from their home town. For Dutch people there's a published list of tariffs let's say 64 euro, but you need to calculate the amount with x% of 64 euro for breakfast, x% of dinner etc.

Each country can have very different methods and culture towards expense claims in what it considers an taxable event and what not. With Reimburse-It we aim at making your life easier by delivering you the digital platform that you need to handle your expense claim cases.